What is the Mission About?
Kitsap Rescue Mission exists to assist the homeless and poor of Kitsap County as they work toward restoration of body, mind and spirit through Christ centered programs.
We believe –
- The Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (1 Timothy 3:16; Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:2; Romans 8:14-17)
- In the deity and humanity of Christ, born of a virgin. His sinless life. His miracles. His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood. His bodily resurrection. His ascension to the right hand of the Father. His present rule as Head of Church and His personal return in power and glory. (Luke 1:30-35; John 1:14; 2 Corinthians. 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- That for the salvation of a lost and sinful mankind, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. We are saved by grace through faith, not of works. That the sinner who repents and personally accepts the finished work of Christ on the cross becomes a child of God, is made a new creature, and is indwelt by the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:12, 3:36; 2 Corinthians 5:17; John 14:17; Hebrews 9:11-14)
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 14:17, 26; John 16:13-15; Romans 8:14-17)
- The Power of death is kept from those who put their trust in Christ...and that they will dwell with Christ forever (Jn 14:3, Rev. 20:6, 14, 15, 22:1-5)
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender and class differences. (1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 2:13-14)
CURRENT MINISTRIES: There are a number of tools we use to help individuals accomplish this.
Fresh Start - these are houses designed for men and women who do not have addiction and are job ready. We continue to help them restore Spirit, Mind and Body as well as getting reconnected to the community. We currenlty have one house that is home to eight men who are rebuilding their lives.
Showers - One of the most needed items for the homeless is hot shower. It cleanses and refreshes the body and the spirit. The picture is our first guest going into this self-sustained mobile unit with two complete restrooms.
This unit is not going out until we acquire a new tow vehicle.
Meal Sites - we have a number of meals sites that provide hot, nutritional meals to help individuals maintain a healthy body. We also provide clothing, hygiene products and outdoor gear to ensure they stay warm and dry. We serve meals both outdoors and indoors. See the schedule below for complete listing of our current sites.
FUTURE MINISTRY TOOLS: These tools are in our strategic vision and will round out our ability to provide all the pieces need to help individuals toward restoration.
Building - In order to preform these services we need a building. The Mission is currently negotiating for the acquisition of a facility that would allow us to move forward with the following plans.
Overnight Shelter - The first thing in our strategic vision is an overnight shelter that will run every night, all year long. This shelter would provide an answer to the counties largest unmet need. It will be available for men women and children and would not only provide hot meals, a warm place to sleep and security, but would help us get them connected to existing services.
Program Facility - The second part of our strategic vision is to provide a facility to guide homeless idividuals through the long process of recovery from addictions, and a method to restore all that is lost from such a lifestyle. This program would be put into place for the male population (the most underserved group in our county) and then expanded to women and families as the resources become available.